Department of Defense
Cybersecurity Scholarship Program (CSSP)
The CREAM Scholars Program in Secure Embedded Systems is a scholarship for service program to attract and support students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in electrical and computer engineering. ‘The purpose of the program is to increase the number of qualified students entering the fields of information assurance, information technology, and cybersecurity to meet the DoD's increasing dependence on cybersecurity for war fighting and the security of its information infrastructure. Morgan State University was recently designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense in 2016. The CREAM Scholarship Program pays full cost of tuition, book allowance, healthcare and an annual stipend to award recipients. In addition, each student will be provided a laptop and faculty mentorship throughout their tenure in the program.
The funds for the CREAM Scholarship Program are made possible through the Department of Defense (DoD) Cybersecurity Scholarship Program (CSSP).
Undergraduate Support includes full tuition, related fees, $20K annual stipend, laptop, book allowance
Graduate Support includes full tuition, related fees, $30K annual stipend, laptop, book allowance
Student Application Deadline: Friday, February 16, 2019 by 11:00PM EST
Submit applications, along with supporting documents ONLINE using the link below or send hardcopy to Dr. Michel Reece at
Dr. Michel Reece
Morgan State University
Schaefer Engineering Building, Room 336
5200 Perring Parkway
Baltimore, MD 21251
ONLINE Link for Student Applications: https://searchlightpa.com/form/iasp
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, students must be a junior or senior or a student admitted to the Masters or Doctoral graduate engineering program with a focus in cybersecurity.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older by August 1, 2019
- Must maintain full-time enrollment or accepted for full-time enrollment by August 1, 2019
- Undergraduate (juniors or seniors only) cumulative GPA > 3.2/4.0 and Graduate (Master or Doctoral) GPA 3.5>/4.0
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must express Interest in secure embedded systems
- Must agree to work at a DoD facility after the award of your degree totaling the length of time within the scholarship program
- Complete student application includes:
o Application Form
o Two letters of recommendation
o Description of honors and awards
o Competency Statement that addresses knowledge in cybersecurity areas
- Summer internships at a DoD facility
- The following courses must be completed by the end of your degree program
o Undergraduates must complete EEGR 410*/ 480/ 481*/ 483 courses
o Graduate students must complete EEGR 510*/ 580/ 581*/ 583 courses
* Can be substituted with an approved course
For additional information, questions or concerns, feel free to contact Dr. Michel Reece via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-885-4732.